Saturday, September 24, 2011

Buying trip to Delhi, India September/August 2011

I am on Day 2 of my buying trip for Miss Hollywood Jewelry and I am thoroughly enjoying myself!  I am having lots of fun picking out new colors for the fall and designing my own pieces.  Yes, I am now designing my own pieces!!!!!

He is making a stretch bracelet with hand-made acrylic "Meena Beads" intertwined with Swarovski crystals! These bracelets have been a great hit this past season and can be worn anytime of the year! It looks wonderful when you stack them with all of the different colors



What is a "Meena Bead"?  Its origin is Rajasthan, India and the bead itself is acrylic with  inlay work.  "Inlay work" and in this case it is a flower, is a design or pattern on an object which is made by putting materials into the surface of the object ie. the bead.

A close up shot of the actual braclets will be added soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment